Iso 18001 Certification
( Occupation Health and Safety Management System)
- The OHSAS 18001 standard is internationally accepted as a method of assessing and auditing occupational health and safety management systems. Developed by leading trade and international standards bodies, it provides a framework for organisations to instigate proper and effective management of health & safety in the workplace.
- By having a clearly defined management system in place to identify and control health and safety risks, organisations are able to minimise risks to their workforce and visitors or external contractors on their premises. The standard will enable organisations to put in place processes for continually reviewing and improving occupational health and safety.
Key areas that will be assessed by OHSAS certification
- Management systems in place
- Planning and risk assessment
- Staff training and awareness
- Communication of safety management systems
- Response to emergency situations
- Monitoring and continual improvement
Who can Apply?
OHSAS 18001 is suitable for all types of organisation wanting to become more efficient in managing and reducing accidents in the workplace.
- Create the best possible working conditions across your organization
- Identify hazards and put in place controls to manage them
- Reduce workplace accidents and illness to cut related costs and downtime
- Engage and motivate staff with better, safer working conditions
- Demonstrate compliance to customers and suppliers