NGO Registration Under Section 80G & Section 12A

The government grants tax breaks to non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to help them raise money for good causes. To take advantage of these benefits for your non-profit, the time has come to register it under Sections 80G and 12A.

NGO Registration


How Does NGO Enlistment Function For You?

NGOs can be registered as Section 8 companies under the Companies Act of 2013 or under the Public Trust Act of each state in India, or as NGOs under the Societies Registration Act.


Donations are the primary source of financial support for NGOs. To guarantee those expense exceptions (accessible to the two contributors and beneficiaries), NGOs are to enlist under Segment 80G and Area 12A of the Annual Duty Act. Non-professionals may have difficulty completing the process because it is time-consuming and complicated.
Additionally, all non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that have previously registered under these two sections must re-register under sections 80G and 12A in order to continue receiving these tax benefits. Further, in the event that a NGO looks for CSR subsidizing, they are expected to enroll utilizing Structure CSR-1.

Re-validation Under Sections 12A and 80G

Time Taken:

The entire process could take up to three months, and the application must be processed within a week of the date the documents were submitted. It is valid for five years and must be renewed every five years.

Documents Required:

Registration Under 12A:

As enlistment under Segment 12A is for charge exclusion, a NGO which has not enrolled under this can't partake in the honor of expense exception and would need to pay burdens similarly as any ordinary enrolled organization would during the year.

How to Register Under Section 12A

Every single magnanimous trust, social orders, and Segment 8 Organizations, aside from private or family trusts, are qualified to enroll under Area 12A. However, before enlistment under 12A and 80G, a NGO needs to initially enroll with NGO Darpan, a register kept up with by the Public authority of India, and afterward be enrolled under the Personal Expense Act (This isn't obligatory, it is a choice accessible to trusts. By following the steps listed below, a charitable organization without Darpan can also apply for 12A and 80G).

Step 1:

The Commissioner of Income Tax - Exemption requires a Form 10A application.

Step 2:

It is necessary to submit the necessary documents.

Step 3:

When the reports are presented, the application will be inspected by the Official, who could want extra data

Step 4:

The registration will be completed as soon as possible if everything is found to be satisfactory; otherwise, it will be rejected.


Registration Under 80G:

According to Segment 80G of the Personal Assessment Act, on the off chance that a NGO gets a 80G confirmation, it's givers will be permitted to diminish how much gift produced using its absolute Pay (extent of derivation permitted relies upon the kind of association), consequently being boosted to contribute some piece of their discretionary cashflow towards great goals.

How to Register Under Section 80G

Any non-governmental organization (NGO) that wants to register under Section 80G must be properly registered and should be focusing specifically on charitable goals.

Step 1:

The Commissioner of Income Tax – Exemption requires a Form 10A application.

Step 2:

Important paperwork must be submitted.

Step 3:

The Commissioner would examine the documents after they were submitted. He may require additional documents or information, which must be provided within the specified time frame to avoid rejection.


New terms of Registration and Re-registration under Section 80G and 12A

Frequently Asked Questions

How much time will it take to register the new 12A and 80G?

After incorporation, new 12A and 80G registrations can be filed immediately.

When can a trust submit a 12A and 80G application?

Soon after the Trust is registered, we can apply for 12A and 80G. On the off chance that on the off chance that the client is applying following a little while, their ITR is required.

Is it necessary for me to be in person during the procedure?

All of the steps are taken online. Therefore, at no point does it necessitate your physical presence. While we take care of everything, you can unwind in the comfort of your own home.

Can we submit separate applications for 12A and 80G?

Yes, you can apply for each separately; however, you must first apply for 12A. However, combining them is simpler.

How can I determine whether my NGOs is eligible for 80G registration?

All administration supported associations and trusts are qualified for 80G enlistment. Go to and search for your organization or trust to confirm.

How long does the brand-new 80G and 12A registration last?

Prior, 80G and 12A enlistments were legitimate for the lifetime of an association. The validity of 80G and 12A registrations has been extended to three years for provisional registrations, or three years from the beginning of activities, whichever comes first, and to five years for revalidation.

Get a Quote