Money is probably the all-important resource in the current day and age. Most of the decisions taken by even the wealthiest world powers on the international stage are in consideration of their economic impact. The power of economics is so immense that it has produced a distinct separation among countries, designating them as the First world or Third world. Similar to such whole countries, people are also continually trying to increase their monetary worth, on a smaller scale. One of the most effective ways of achieving a substantial profit in a short time is to establish a finance-based company, namely a Nidhi Company.
Nidhi Company is an India-based concept which operates by borrowing and lending money between its shareholders or members. Its primary selling point is that it doesn’t need to be ratified by the Reserve Bank of India under the Indian Constitution. Thus, it saves you a lot of hassle regarding legalizing your business. To know more regarding the working of the company, move on to the next section of our blog.
How Nidhi Company Works
The other name of the Nidhi initiative is ‘Mutual Benefit Company,’ as it bases itself on the principle of saving and utilizing funds among the community of members. Consequently, the Nidhi falls under the non-banking sector, as its facilities are only available to members and not to the general public. At least five to seven people are required to start such a company. They deposit a pre-determined amount which makes up the initial capital of the company.
After the initial set-up, the money lending operations start between the members. Money is lent in the form of loans, with a rate of interest that all members agree to follow. The members can then invest these sums of money in further endeavors. If successful, these endeavors also generate some profit which can be used to pay out the loans with interest. In this process, the initial capital multiplies over time. Thus, the Nidhi Company is somewhat of a self-sustaining venture.
A major attraction of this company lies within its simple set-up and operational procedures. A few people within the community can set it up, with or without employing a Nidhi Company Registration Consultant. There is no major hassle within the procedure. Also, none of the members need to meet any special requirements. The company is run based on mutual trust and respect within members, and anyone can register for it as long as someone trustworthy can vouch for that person. Click here to know more about registering a Nidhi Company.
This main feature highlighted by this company is the harmony between one or more communities. Generally, the local people of a region set up this company. For example, a Nidhi Company In Maharashtra will be set up by people from local communities of Maharashtra. According to current statistics, the Nidhi initiative is most prevalent among South Indian Communities. Nonetheless, there are various benefits of setting up a Nidhi. Read more about them in the next section.
Top Benefits Of Nidhi Company
In comparison to any other finance-based company, the Nidhi Company stands out in many aspects. Much of it has to do with the security and ease of operation. Let’s explore a few of the significant benefits.
- As a mutual benefit company, it promotes saving and careful investment of funds within the whole community.
- There are no hard and fast rules on background checks regarding the registering members. As long as the other members approve of the individual, he can join unconditionally.
- Easy and prompt hierarchy scheme, where three people will be appointed directors, and all the other people act as the members. There is also no special powers afforded to directors, as the decisions are unanimous.
- The registration process takes about two weeks, and the registration fee is also a paltry 20000 Rupees.
- RBI involvement is minimal. Thus, it is exempt from the stringent rules that have to be followed by other companies.
- There is a level of certainty and security associated with investing in a Nidhi company, as it is a community-based venture.
- Since it caters to members only, the non-payment of loans doesn’t pose much of a problem as in banking sectors.
- Software dedicated towards running Nidhi businesses has lent a huge helping hand.
These are a few of the benefits you can get after setting up a Nidhi Company. Click here to have a look at the Nidhi Company Registration procedure next.
You Might Also Like: 6 Easy Steps For One Person Company Registration
Best Nidhi Company Registration Procedure
The founding members can do the Nidhi Company Registration through the Nidhi Company Website. The members can complete the simple procedure themselves. However, employing a Nidhi Company Registration Consultant would make the process even smoother. The generalized system is as follows.
- Get all documents in order( The list is in the next section.)
- Apply for Digital Signature and DIN
- Apply for Name Approval, complying with the rules of Nidhi.
- Apply for integrating PAN, TAN with the company.
- If all of the above are approved, open a bank account for the company
The company is set up. Now, the members need to fulfill the compliances to make this a fully functioning company. Read more about these Nidhi Company compliances and documents required in the next section.
Checklist For Incorporate Of Nidhi Company
The list of documents required and the rules it has to comply with are as follows.
Documents required (for all members)
- PAN card
- Passport Photo
- Photo ID proof
- Address proof
- Office electricity bill
- Office rent agreement (if any)
- NOC regarding usage of the office space
Nidhi Company Compliances
- Capital has to be deposited in the standard bank account.
- Capital needs to reach 10 lakh Rupees before the first finance report.
- Increase the number of members to at least 200 people before filing the first balance sheet.
- If deposits are accepted, 10% of the money has to put into a fixed deposit in the designated bank.
- Loan interest rates are limited to 7.5% over the standard limit.
It is safe to say that a Nidhi Company is one of the most reliable investments in such a volatile market. We hope this comprehensive guide answers all your queries regarding Nidhi Companies. Please comment below to give us your opinion on this guide, and on how it can be improved.